Visum voor België
Verplicht formulier voor reizen naar België
Vanaf 1 augustus moeten alle personen die vanuit het buitenland naar België terugkeren of naar België reizen en hier langer dan 48 uur verblijven een identificatieformulier (Passenger Locator Form) invullen. U kan dit formulier hier invullen.
All information on visa applications for Belgium can be found on the website of the Immigration Office of the FPS Home Affairs, the competent Belgian authority for access to the territory, stay, settlement and removal of foreigners in Belgium.
- Where should I apply for my visa?
- How to submit my visa application?
- Visa types
- Checking the status of my visa application
- How to extend my visa in Belgium?
- Visa for the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Medical certificate - Certified doctors
Do you have legal residence in Romania?
Submit your visa application at the Embassy of Belgium in Bucharest.
Do you have legal residence in Moldova?
For a long stay visa: submit your visa application to the Embassy of Belgium in Bucharest.
For a short stay visa (up to 90 days): submit your visa application to the Common Application Center in Chisinau. The Common Application Center will handle your application if you travel within the framework of a tourist visit, family or friends visit, cultural or sports event, business trip, short internship or transit through the Schengen area.
Step 1: Go to the website Visa-On-Web
- Create a user account;
- Fill in the online visa application form & print it out. On the visa application, you will find a Visa web reference;
Step 2: Go to E-Appointment
- Select visa at Choose the service;
- Insert your file number from Visa-On-Web (step 1 above) at Visa web reference;
- Pick a day and an hour to come to the visa section of the Embassy.
Step 3: The appointment: please bring the following documents with you in duplicate:
- A print out of your online visa application form (see Visa-On-Web section above) and file number;
- Proof of payment of the handling fee. Payment method: in Romanian Lei by transfer;
- A complete file according to the visa requirements this site
- All Schengen visa applicants must appear in person, except for children younger than 12, to register biometrical data (fingerprints and photograph). The data are stored for 5 years in the Visa Information System. The fingerprint registration procedure only takes a few minutes and identifies you with certainty as the sole licensee of the visa. It protects you against falsification or abuse of your identity (for instance, if your passport is stolen) and optimizes the border crossing. In case of technical problems, the applicant can be asked to come back later. For more information, please consult the European Union website.
Short stay visa (= max. 90 days)
- Partnership / cooperation
- Private invitation (annex 3bis)
- Family reunification with a European citizen resident in Belgium (directive 2004/38/EC)
- Business/Professional visa
- Airport Transit Visa A
- Sports / Cultural event
- Professional religious purpose
For more information and details about visas (different types of visas, which documents to submit, conditions, exceptions, periods of treatment, etc.) check the website of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs - Immigration Office.
Long stay visa (= more than 90days)
- Student visa
- Work visa
- Au pair
- Reunification family (art.10, art. 10bis, art. 40, art. 40bis)
The registration of biometric data (fingerprints and photo) is compulsory for all long stay visa applications sinds 1st December 2018.
For more information and details about visas (different types of visas, which documents to submit, visa tax, conditions, exceptions, periods of treatment, etc.) check the website of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs - Immigration Office.
Belgian Embassies and Consulates General must submit certain visa applications to the Immigration Office of the Federal Public Service Home Affairs for a final decision. It is the only competent authority with regards to the admittance, stay, residence and removal of foreigners from Belgian territory.
Use your file number to check the status of your visa application on the Immigration Office website.
Once a decision has been taken, the Belgian Embassy or Consulate general will inform you personally by phone, email or post.
More information on how to obtain a visa extension can be found on the website of the Immigration Office of the FPS Domestic Affairs.
In Bucharest, Belgium represents Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for short and long stay visa. Submit your visa application for Luxembourg to the Embassy of Belgium in Bucharest, using the same procedures as explained on this page.
Option 1: recognized medical doctor
Add to your visa application a valid medical certificate filled in and signed by our recognized medical doctor:
DR. BENDU DOMNICA
Queen Maria, The Private Health Network (Floreasca Clinical)
Appointments: 021 9268 (call center)
Option 2: non-recognized medical doctor
Add to your visa application a valid medical certificate filled in and signed by another medical doctor respecting the following procedure:
- Legalize the medical certificate at the Local Public Health Department ‘Directiei de Sanatate Publica locala’;
- The medical certificate also needs an apostille from the ‘Prefectura de Judet’.
- Medical certificate in one of the official languages of Belgium (French or Dutch);
- Legalized and provided with Apostil by the Ministry of Justice in Chisinau;
- The translation into Romanian might be required by the Moldavian authorities for the legalization with the Apostil.
Questions on specific visa requirements?
Phone: +40 21 212 36 80
Opening hours: from Monday to Thursday between 9h00-12h30 and 14h00-17h00 and on Friday between 9h00-15h00.
In order to be able to help you, please mention your file number or your name.